Insurance For Chiropractic Care
Most insurance policies have some form of coverage for chiropractic care. The coverage will depend on what plan you have purchased. Short-term or acute care is the main form of coverage. Our office will provide complementary insurance verification at your first visit. We understand insurance can be complicated and a pain to navigate. To make this a bit easier on you, we have laid out the process that in our experience, usually works the best.
Your Initial Steps
- Call your insurance company
- Find out who is in your network
- Know your plan coverage
- Know your deductible and co-pay
- Bring your insurance card with you to the visit
- Our office makes complementary inquiry of your chiropractic benefits
- During your report of findings, we will discuss your coverage
Other Things to Consider with Insurance for Chiropractic Care
- Treatments you receive from your chiropractor will still be applied to your deductible. It is possible to use up your covered services before your deductible is met.
- Chiropractic covered services usually covered by your insurance include the exam, x-ray, and adjustment. Some other therapies such as ultrasound, orthotics, electrical stimulation, and myofascial release may or may not be covered depending on your plan.
- Many of the current insurance plans are becoming high deductible. Your insurance company will not make payment for any services until this deductible is met. Your insurance will not cover maintenance care.
- Many health insurance companies operate under the ‘squeaky wheel’ theory. We suggest to keep approaching your insurance provider, even asking for a letter from your health care provider if he agrees with the need for chiropractic care, to offer to your insurance provider.
- If you do not have insurance, we have a few resources on our pricing page that may help you plan for the cost of getting you back to living your most abundant life. Keep in mind that even without health coverage, chiropractic care can be a fantastic, often cheaper alternative compared to a co-pay on a surgery.
Work Injury Claim
Workers compensation claims must have approval prior to receiving treatment. Contact the insurance company handling your claim to verify coverage. We are happy to help if you need it.
Car Accident Claim
Pre-approval is required prior to receiving treatment. Contact your insurance company to understand your coverage. We can help with this also. Let’s get you moving again!
Chiropractic Care vs Other Options
What are the other options beside chiropractic care? We highly recommend exploring many avenues to health, to make sure you find the right fit. You could do nothing, but we at Sapphire Chiropractic believe pain is our body’s way of getting our attention to a problem. You could go to your medical doctor and be given a medication prescription. This may decrease or stop the pain, but what are the side effects? How long will you have to take said medication? You may be given the option of surgery. These are often very expensive and the recovery period is extensive. We do believe physical therapy will rehab, retrain, and strengthen the muscles. Massage therapy will help relieve tension and help circulation. Chiropractic care will properly mobilize joints and send feed back to the brain making corrective changes in the nervous system. You have many options when it comes to getting well, and we want the most sustainable option. We believe chiropractic is the best option for many ailments and injuries.